[SLUG] xfce and desktop control

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Sep 12 2008 - 03:16:02 EDT

Every time I restart X on the laptop (WM xfce), I have to go into Settings
-> Desktop Settings and re-check "Allow Xfce to manage the desktop". It
also gets unchecked when I run nautilus, I've found. (In both cases I can
tell immediately since the background changes to an image that might have
been set by some Gnome tool I can't run since I'm not running Gnome.) Any
idea what causes this annoying behavior, and how I can stop it?

--
-eben   QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP   royalty.mine.nu:81
         Two atoms are walking along.  Suddenly, one