Re: [SLUG] Ubuntu client trying to access shared folders on server (Win 2003)

From: Alberto Suarez (asuarez@uw211manasota.net)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2008 - 18:06:44 EDT

Eben,

Alt-F2 is a shortcut to bring the "Run Application" window up.

What is the server ?

Its a Dell running Windows 2003. We have seven clients accessing this
server, for we share folders. All clients are Windows XP, except
mine.

I am running dual boot with my laptop. When I boot up with Windows I
can connect to the server no problem-and window sahre. When I boot up
with Ubuntu, the only way I can access the server is through
Virtualbox (Windows) and Remote Desktop, which allows me to see all
the folders.

I need the ability to insert/move files in the server.
I tend to think (although not sure) that the server is configured
correctly since i dont have a problem accesing files on the server
when i boot up with Windows.

thanks for your reply.

Alberto