Re: [SLUG] Intel Mac with Linux

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sun Oct 26 2008 - 23:43:43 EST

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 11:16:17AM -0500, Richard Smoot wrote:

> I gave a Kubuntu Live/Install CD to Roger on our advance install crew for
> Phantom of the Opera for his Intel Mac. He installed it in Parallels. He said
> it installed OK.
> Is this the best way to put Linux in an Intel Mac? Is the Linux running on
> top of OSX or directly?

Since Parallels is a VM, I would assume it's running under the virtual
machine of Parallels, and "on top" of OSX. This is based on my limited
understanding of Macs. Anyone with better information, feel free. If
you're not interested in running OSX while running Linux, you could
probably install Linux on a separate drive or partition, and boot into
it.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster