RE: [SLUG] fios

From: Richard Sanchez (rsancz@verizon.net)
Date: Sat Nov 01 2008 - 09:08:26 EST

Aaron,
 When you order FiOS a contractor will run a fiber drop from the terminal
box to where the Optical Network Terminal (ONT) will be located. Then a
Verizon employee will come out and mount the ONT, connect the fiber, install
a router and a battery backup module. They will check the connection to your
primary computer. The Battery module will need to be within 50 feet or so of
AC power and is designed to power your phone service for 8 hrs. If you get
other services like TV and phone, those connections will be made also. I had
it installed at my house in Tampa and it took several hours. I got all three
services. I am a former Verizon employee and was involved a little with the
deployment of FiOS. I am happy with the service overall and I don't get any
price breaks.

Richard Sanchez