Re: [SLUG] Verizon tech admits service rolling disconnects

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Dec 15 2008 - 17:38:16 EST

Pete Theisen wrote:

> I don't see the IP address on any of the docs. The Online Doc says
> http://192.168.0.1 but that is an earlier firmware. May still be the
> same. Can't check it now since I am still on the old setup. Want to get
> all the docs gathered before I go off line!

Hi Everybody!

So I hooked up the new modem and it was doa, it wouldn't do anything.
After an hour with the tech (the seventh or eighth one) he said wait
three hours and call me again. I hung up, put the old modem back on and
it connected as usual.

I went to the verizon store and downgraded my service to the slowest
speed, 768. Get this, after all the years I have had the v-Satan, they
impose a one year minimum contract because I changed the service. Who do
they think they are, Microsoft?

I think cutting the service back to 768 did it. It has been on steady
now for hours, hasn't dropped and I don't notice the slower speed.

--
Regards,

Pete http://pete-theisen.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.