Re: [SLUG] Verizon tech admits service rolling disconnects

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Dec 12 2008 - 17:49:11 EST

Paul M Foster wrote:

>> I am going to want to at minimum turn off the wireless. Would unscrewing
>> the antenna do that?
>
> Absolutely not, though it might reduce its range.
>
> Generally, routers like this are accessible via a browser at a certain
> IP address, which they give you. They also give you a password and
> username to get into them. Then you browse through the interface and set
> whatever values you like.
>
> Unfortunately, my internal router (not the one from Verizon) insists on
> rewriting its firmware every time I make a change. Takes a minute or so.
> Real pain.

Hi Paul!

I don't see the IP address on any of the docs. The Online Doc says
http://192.168.0.1 but that is an earlier firmware. May still be the
same. Can't check it now since I am still on the old setup. Want to get
all the docs gathered before I go off line!

--
Regards,

Pete http://pete-theisen.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.