Re: [SLUG] mount/NFS problems

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Tue Jan 13 2009 - 22:34:55 EST

Even more additional information:

While I'd like to resolve this for NFS, I desperately need access to the
three directories I mount from that server on a constant basis. So I
decided to mount these directories via Samba (YUK!) and attempt to
access them that way. This worked up to a point. The mounting went fine,
but I still couldn't copy a non-existent file from my home directory to
the backup. So I made a change to the mount options: setting the UID and
GID to 1000 (me). This effectively makes me the owner of all the files
in those directories. *THEN* I could copy a file from my home directory
to a where it didn't previously exist in the backup directory.

This means that even under Samba, the permissions were an issue.

Any help in solving this for NFS would still be appreciated.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster