RE: [SLUG] iPod compatibility

From: Ken Elliott (kelliott11@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2009 - 08:56:37 EST

steve szmidt :
>> They also make available a skin for the Touch, and others. It's about
$25, and in my view, should be applied to your device before you get a
chance to scratch it. That would retain the brand new look.

I have that skin on my iPhone and hate it. Yes, I'm sure it offers
protection, but there are negatives. The film has a higher coefficient of
friction, so it is 'stickier' than the glass. Your finger no longer glides
smoothly (actually feels somewhat sticky), and that is a real annoyance - to
the point that I'm considering removing it, wasting my $25. And it lowers
the clarity of the screen, so photos don't look nearly as good. It also
picks up more glare.

Frankly, my experience with my iPod was it would break every 1 to 2 years
and Apple would replace it with a refurb, so when the battery goes (or
something else) I may end up with new glass anyway.

Ken Elliott