Re: [SLUG] iPod compatibility

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2009 - 12:08:42 EST

On Thursday 15 January 2009, Ken Elliott wrote:

> I have that skin on my iPhone and hate it. Yes, I'm sure it offers
> protection, but there are negatives. The film has a higher coefficient of
> friction, so it is 'stickier' than the glass. Your finger no longer glides
> smoothly (actually feels somewhat sticky), and that is a real annoyance -
> to the point that I'm considering removing it, wasting my $25. And it
> lowers the clarity of the screen, so photos don't look nearly as good. It
> also picks up more glare.

Wow! Does not really fit my experience. Yes, it does have a higher coefficient
than glass. Which I like on the back as it does stick better to surfaces. But
my fingers don't stick all that much. Nor did I really notice such a big
impact on image quality...

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.