Re: [SLUG] Election Site hosting

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Jan 19 2009 - 03:40:32 EST

Jonathan Brown wrote:
> http://www.000webhost.com/ - this one is really cheap, as in 0. Never used but have heard very good things. A lot of features for free. (most free web hosts contain advertising on your page, this one does NOT - nothing will indicate that your site is hosted on a free/geocities-type site)
>
> http://steadfast.net - I use these guys. They are excellent. Excellent pricing, phone support, and they actually own the data center that houses the server on which your website sits.
>
> You said "around here?" Did you mean you wanted a local company? There really are hardly any local webhosts (I did a fairly exhaustive search about a year ago), and any you do find will usually be resellers (they don't own the data center.)
>
> Good luck,

Hi Jon!

I did say "around here". Trouble I am having with my current host that
carries http://pete-theisen.com/ is that it takes a dog's age to load
the page. I think some people just go to the next one on the google list
rather than wait for all the bs.

Perhaps I will set up a blogger page. They say google picks that up in a
heartbeat.

--
Regards,

Pete http://pete-theisen.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.