Re: [SLUG] Election Site hosting

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Wed Jan 21 2009 - 02:31:32 EST

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 02:08:05AM -0500, Pete Theisen wrote:

> Dennis Devine, San Antonio wrote:
>> <rant>
>
>> They call their domain offer "free domain with hosting", I call them
>> "hook domains."
>
> Hi Dennis!
>
> Well, we (me and techie guy) registered at GoDaddy and then tried to
> move it to some free host, name escapes me at the moment. It kept
> crapping out as we tried to set up. Next we PAID $56.97 at some outfit
> called "Glow Host" and they are 8 and a half hours with our money and no
> log in as yet. Doesn't look good. They said "start a support ticket".

What in the world did you spend $56.97 at Glowhost on? They're $24.95
per month for regular hosting. And what does "no log in" mean? Does that
mean the website you uploaded isn't visible? Can't upload? Setting up a
website with those guys (as with most hosts) is incredibly easy, unless
you have very peculiar needs.

Also, I don't know if you read the prior posts in this thread, but
GoDaddy was mentioned earlier as one of the worst. That includes
registering names.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster