[SLUG] 45 baud Baudot output is need, the old TTY standard

From: Ron Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2009 - 10:47:03 EST

Hi all:

   I have a need for a way to send my typing and files to and display data from a box
from my computer's serial port in the TTY format of 5 bit Baudot code at 45 or 50 baud,
which a UART can handle with no problem, but the minicom terminal program fail to go
slower than 300 baud and "terminal", "TTY, RTTY" or "TTY emulator" all Google as
X windows terminal emulators and such.
There has to be a simple way to do this, in the X system or a console with Slackware.
   There should be simple a way to pipe a LINUX terminal or a simple program that can
save a capture file through to the serial port and have the serial port put out the
"TTY" data. Any help will be appreciated.

   The speed and code are NOT alterable, the box is a HAM radio and that is THE mode
and THE speed that is sent and received.

   If all else fails I have a "portable" DOS computer (6.2) that I could use, but after
being out of M$ since 1997 I have no idea how it would be done with that either.

--
    Ron  KA4INM - Even though they raised the rate for first class mail in the United
                  States every May, we really shouldn't complain -