[SLUG] searching by atime

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2009 - 17:05:06 EST

I have a problem with autofs constantly remounting three filesystems.

Gory details:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.misc/browse_thread/thread/ca066e4d01385503/a30e3a317d3b13b8?#a30e3a317d3b13b8
= http://preview.tinyurl.com/aheuc9
or <o06776-h8s.ln1@pc.home> and replies

So my latest idea to track down the culprit is to find recently-accessed
files/directories on the filesystems in question, in the hope that that'll
give me some clue as to which program is responsible.

Problem is, "find" lets you search on atime easily enough, but in doing it
touches everything in its path, destroying their atimes for future searches.
Is there a way to search that either doesn't change the atimes of examined
files/directories, or puts them back the way they were afterward?

--
-eben    QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP    royalty.mine.nu:81
TAURUS:  You will never find true happiness - what you gonna