[SLUG] cross-compiling

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Mar 20 2009 - 00:06:35 EST

I really want to get Samba up on my iPod Touch. (Actually I'd love native
synchronization, but that's probably not going to happen any time soon.)
Nobody's compiled it, so my choices are (1) wait, or (2) compile it myself.
I don't like waiting, so I'll look behind door #2.

To that end, any idea how I set up a cross-compilation environment to
compile stuff for it (ARM something) on my machine (amd64 Linux)? It uses
APT and I can transfer files by scp, if they simplify matters.

--
-eben   QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP   royalty.mine.nu:81
          They that can give up essential liberty to