Re: [SLUG] Skype Audio Problem SUSE 11.1

From: Paul Bransford (draeath@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 28 2009 - 16:23:29 EST

I'm not sure, but does Skype work with Pulseaudio? I believe that SuSE
11.1 uses pulseaudio now.

You can try killing pulse and setting it's binary unexecutable, and see
if Skype works after that. If it does, you have your answer.

You could also try to run Skype with the Alsa OSS wrapper, aoss, which
(if memory serves) can be used to trick stubborn applications from
playing nice with Pulseaudio.