Re: [SLUG] Re: sata/IDE combination - /dev entry confusion!

From: Paul Bransford (draeath@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 30 2009 - 02:45:38 EST

No change. Although I guess I may as well deactivate it, as I don't use
it.

Now, I fiddled with my other BIOS settings (SATA mode, IDE mode, etc)
and any combination of options besides what I have now (SATA combined
mode, AHCI, both IDE channels active (even though there is only one on
the board)... results in no drive, no cdroms, or the system simply
hanging at the post screen.

I think this is what you get when a vendor ignores everything except
Windows.