[SLUG] got a popup on Firefox 3, Suse 10.2

From: Pamela J. Ashworth (webmail) (pashworth@mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Apr 04 2009 - 22:44:05 EST

happened kinda quick. it was like one of those, you've got a virus things.
I was on my way to closing the pop-up (I never get popups here) by using the little x (i never click No. don't trust the box) but due to the fact that I use a remote control/keyboard mouse, it was taking a few seconds.
in the meantime all sort of other windows started popping up, (including ones that *looked like* downloads but I was F4'ing too furiously (and futilely) to read them.
Finally I gave up and sent an alt shift backspace which killed kde and the browser with it.

after logging back in to the desktop, and *not* restoring my session, firefox started at the usual page, and history shows a page called Virus Doctor- Online Protection with a url of

http://scanner.av1-best-click.info/scan.php?campaign=mmb_long number i can't type out and can't paste cuase it's not on this machine and there is no way i am going to click on it

think I caught anything? aside from checking my browser homepage, i really don't know how to tell in linux.
I had a spyware infection in Windows (98) about 5 years ago that required a reinstall of the OS, but other than that, I haven't had any creepy crawlies in Windows. No idea about Linux.

--
Pam from Boston
Happily ever after means the show is really over.