Re: [SLUG] Build box for Linux

From: ronan (ronan@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Apr 26 2009 - 18:25:05 EDT

>> I built a machine from one of the local CompUSA stores last month
>> (same prices in-store as on their website):
>>
>> Cheap case w/power supply
>> Asus AM2+ socket Motherboard with on-board nVidia (8xxx?), HDMI-out,
>> etc.
>> Dual-core AMD Athlon64 X2 5600+ (2.9GHz ) (retail processor, comes
>> with matched heatsink and fan)
>> 4GB RAM (800MHz?)
>> 500MB Seagate SATA HD
>
> Hi Ronan!
>
> Does it have on-board video? If so, one or two heads?

The motherboard has an on-board nVidia 8xxx video (GT8000? GX8500?
something like that). There is a VGA port, and an HDMI port. I don't
know if you can use both ports in some sort of dual-head configuration,
or if both ports have to show the same thing (or if both ports can even
be active at the same time).

--ronan