----- Forwarded message from Kevin Jones <firstname.lastname@example.org> -----
From: Kevin Jones <email@example.com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 22:19:49 -0400
Subject: [BOGO?]SouthEast LinuxFest (Please fwd to your LUG mailing list)
The SouthEast LinuxFest (SELF) is a community event that is open to
everyone who is interested in Linux and Free & Open Source Software. SELF
will be held at the Clemson University Hendrix Student Center in Clemson,
SC on June, 13th 2009.
We have an "all-star" line-up of F/LOSS speakers who have generously
offered to commit their time, and to share their knowledge and insight to
help us grow "Linux in the GNU/South." The following speakers have
(barring any issues which may arise) confirmed their attendance:
- Chris DiBona, Google (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_DiBona)
- Brian Leonard, Sun Microsystems
- Wendy Seltzer, EFF (http://wendy.seltzer.org/ )
- Mark Spencer, Digium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Spencer)
- Icculus a.k.a., Ryan Gordon
- Paul Frields, Fedora (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PaulWFrields)
- Michael DeHaan, Red Hat
- Russel Bryant, Digium (http://www.russellbryant.net/blog/)
- Robbie Workman, Slackware (http://rlworkman.net/)
- Pete Granger, Canonical/Ubuntu (http://www.canonical.com)
- Joe "Zonker" Brockmeier, openSUSE (http://www.opensuse.org)
- Wade Olson, KDE (http://wadejolson.wordpress.com/)
While we are making spirited progress, we cannot do this without the
support of other LUG's and LoCo's in the Southeast. Having strong LUG
support is vital to the success of our event, both in it being a memorable
and enjoyable experience, and in our seeking additional sponsorship. You
can begin supporting this event now by: posting the SELF banner on your
blogs, wikis, and Web sites; printing copies of the SELF flyers
distributing them at your meetings and around your community; and by
asking your members to register on the SELF Web site. Feel free to
appoint someone from your LUG to join our mailing list, and to attend our
weekly IRC meetings (every Tuesday night at 9pm EST on
#southeastlinuxfest), so that they can keep your LUG up to date on our
plans as we move forward.
We are looking for sponsors! Businesses, non-profits, and educational
institutions interested in sponsoring SELF should direct inquiries to
firstname.lastname@example.org. A vendor prospectus is available on our
Please visit http://www.southeastlinuxfest.org to:
- Get event updates.
- Submit technical papers for peer review.
- Register for the event (please let us know if you are interested in
presenting a breakout or BoF session on a particular topic of interest.)
- Reserve a table space for your LUG if you'd like to showcase your
group and it's activities.
- Get audio and visual materials to help promote the event...and much
Help us to spread the word about SELF '09 to your local businesses,
non-profits, colleges and universities, and anywhere else you might find
Linux users, supporters, and newbies. We want this event to be fun and
educational for Linux users of all skill-levels. There will be a number of
breakout sessions held throughout the day where users can learn tips and
tricks, as well as pick up useful skills and information from their peers.
If members of your LUG or LoCo are interested in hosting a breakout
session or setting up a booth to showcase your efforts in the community,
please contact email@example.com.
Don't miss out on this event! Register today at
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please let us know
via our IRC channel, or by joining our mailing list at
We look forward to seeing you in June!
----- End forwarded message -----
-- Paul M. Foster ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.3 : Fri Aug 01 2014 - 20:45:53 EDT