Re: [SLUG] Hulu sounds like a stuck CD

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Sat May 09 2009 - 13:26:55 EDT

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 8:47 AM, Seth <setheck@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Chuck,
> Start by opening Firefox and point the browser to about:plugins
> that should tell you both if flash and/or shockwave is installed and
> what version.
>
> What are your hardware specs? You said that the video plays flawlessly?
> Does this also happen at youtube.com? or other flash sites? If yes on
> youtube, what happens when you let the video load completely before
> playing?

OK, I went to youtube, I had not been there in a while, but I get the same
thing. Now that I think of it, I have not really looked at any video since I did
the 11.1 upgrade. Sooo, I guess I need to look at what is going on there. It
seems as though either my little machine is getting back on the power curve
or things are just not what they used to be. When I got this box the first thing
I did was put Suse 10.x (I can not remember if it was 1 or 2, on it, I upgraded
along the way, and then moved to 11.0. 10 was a total non-issue, indeed the
XP crap that came on this thing was just that, 10 made this little HP Pavilion
Slimline s7712n shine. 11.0 had a few issues on the install, but no big deal,
I guess 10 had really spoiled me, but 11.1 has been nothing but issue after
issue. I just tried Kubuntu on my linux laptop, the snarky idea that root should
not be available except as sudo just does not work, everything I needed to load
wanted root access for multiple reasons, so I am headed back to Suse, going
to see if I just need to look at fine tuning or what, I have just
never had issues
in the past with Suse that have caused me to look at other distros.

Here is the iggy on the PC...

Base processor
    * Intel Core Duo T2060 (Y) 1.6 GHz
    * 533 MHz front side bus
    * Socket 479

Chipset
    * Intel 945GT

It has 1g of ram, I am going to up it to 2.

Here is the iggy on the flash stuff...

    File name: libflashplayer.so
    Shockwave Flash 10.0 r22

Here is what the mobo says it can support processor wise,
have to look and see what I can gain by doing a change there too.

    * Socket: 479
    * Supports the following processors:
          o Intel Core 2 Duo T7x00 (Merom core)
          o Intel Core 2 Duo T2x00 (Yonah Core) up to T2700
          o Intel Core Solo T1x00 (Yonah Core)
          o Intel Celeron M 4x0

Thanks for all of the good iggy so far, I may take my linux laptop with me on
my next long glass plant visit (kalama, wa) as I think that they have got most
of their issues taken care of and I will spend most of my time setting around
waiting for someone to ask a question... Then I am going to put every distro I
can get my hands on on that laptop and see which one works best there.

--
Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
To paraphrase my flight instructor;