Re: [SLUG] DOD level clean question

From: Jonathan Brown (jbssfl@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 21 2009 - 12:56:32 EDT

The are 2 reasons I use dd_rescue instead of dd when doing a wipe.

One is that it gives you a progress read-out, and the other is that for me I can type it quicker because it does not require the "if=/" and "of=/" Sometimes I'll be starting like 10 wipes and it's just an eency bit quicker that way.

Yes obviously wiping is not really the intended purpose of dd_rescue but of course it performs the job the same way dd will.