Re: [SLUG] multi-page tiff files

From: Ron Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat May 30 2009 - 09:14:01 EDT

< I was asked if Gimp would open them, indeed it does, but takes forever, and there are times that
I just need to pop open a file look at it and close it up, with the speed > that Gimp opens them I
would be way behind on work on those days when I have to open machine drawings several times a day. >

    You could open them with gimp and save them as .png if you don't need the layering that pngs
don't support. Use the same file names with the page number appended to the name. Everything
including browsers will open pngs and they are losslessly compressed.

--
    Ron  KA4INM - I'm proud to be Chuck's pop!