Re: [SLUG] multi-page tiff files

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Sat May 30 2009 - 01:01:33 EDT

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 6:53 AM, Aaron Steimle <asteimle@washpat.com> wrote:
> KFaxView, unless the tiffs or not standard, then you may have to convert:

Tried KFaxView, no joy... Have to keep going....

OK, well I see that I opened a can... The drawings are done I believe in
Autocad. On the company M$ box I use either the M$ viewer which does
or does not see the pages... Or I use the company "official" viewer
something called Fastlook Plus by Kamel Software in Winter Park, FL

They start out as .dwg files and after the run them through something
does the conversion, they end up with the tiff files. I was asked if Gimp
would open them, indeed it does, but takes forever, and there are times
that I just need to pop open a file look at it and close it up, with the speed
that Gimp opens them I would be way behind on work on those days
when I have to open machine drawings several times a day.

I will try to find out what they do the conversion with, I just realized that
the person who knows how is very interested in Linux, indeed I work on
several projects with him and he has seen my linux machines and at the
same time suffered multiple sessions of grief with Bill's product and I
am sure would be happy to tell me what the conversion tool is.

--Chuck Hast -- KP4DJT --
To paraphrase my flight instructor;
and twisted metal."