Re: [SLUG] Nvidia GeForce FX5700 256 setup on Ubuntu 9.04

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Sun May 31 2009 - 14:06:18 EDT

On Sun, 31 May 2009, Pete Theisen wrote:

> Eben King wrote:

>>> There were two main ways of doing dual-headed configurations. Xinerama,
>>> and some other method that hadn't been around as long.
>>
>> "Twinview"
>>
>>> I picked Xinerama -- even though it was harder to do -- in case the other
>>> method turned out to be a flash in the pan. I didn't want to risk ending
>>> up with an orphaned configuration.
>
> Indeed. They say it is either or, at times I have tried to do both - I
> have used this box with Gentoo (set up by a friend who had a devil of a
> time), Mepis (which is easy but is not real compatible with a lot of
> packages), Debian (which I couldn't get to work) and now Ubuntu (which was
> working before I rebooted).
>
> A decent time has elapsed for comments, I am going to try it tonight.

It took me a while to get this machine's video working. At the time, I
thought it was the double heads giving me grief, now (what with my
so-far-inability to make the DVR work) I think it might be inherent to
Nvidia. All I want on the DVR is _one_ screen. OK, it goes through an
adapter and a stereo before it hits the TV, but still.

--
-eben      QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP      royalty.mine.nu:81

Q: What did one photon say to the other photon? A: I'm sick and tired of your interference. -- thebigmike1983 on Fark ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.