Re: [SLUG] Multiple Distros Shared home?

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Jul 12 2009 - 20:08:14 EDT

On Sun, 12 Jul 2009, Ron Youvan wrote:

>> My question is, can all of them share the same home directory, I figure
>> were it not for the fact that all of the user setup stuff is stuffed in
>> there it would not be a problem but since all of the setup for the user
>> is in home, will they get in a pissing contest over who owns what?
>
> I don't see any problem, I usually have 3 bootable drives and each mounts
> the other two under their dev name, such as in the root of HDA there is /HDC
> and /HDD. (HDB is a normally a CD/DVD writer)

Make sure hda and hdc don't hang if a mount's not mountable. It would suck
if one died and you were dead in the water.

--
-eben   QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP   royalty.mine.nu:81

This message was created using recycled electrons. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.