RE: [SLUG] UPS indicator

From: Ken Elliott (kelliott11@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jul 14 2009 - 18:50:02 EDT

>> " The last time I checked, new UPSs are only a little more than a new
battery"

That is why I remove the APC decal on the battery, then Google for a
replacement battery. APC buys third party batteries and puts their label on
it.

You can usually find replacements for 20% to 30% of APCs price. Sears Auto
used to take any battery you had for recycling (they are worth a couple of
bucks to them).

Ken Elliott