RE: [SLUG] dead monitor

From: Ken Elliott (kelliott11@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Sun Sep 20 2009 - 13:46:56 EDT

>> Also, is there any simple way to convert VGA to composite? Or, are there

any fanless computers with composite out?

A composite video signal is a very low television resolution, and
interlaced. If I recall, the signal can range from 200 lines to a max of
525. But even if you match VGA resolution, the quality will stink.

But if you must do it, there are VGA-to-composite converters.

http://en.letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=vga+to+composite+video+adapter

Since Amazon sells new monitors for $26, is it worth trying to repair? You
might as well take it apart and see.

Ken Elliott