[SLUG] no POST

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Sep 24 2009 - 00:03:01 EDT

I woke up today and the computer was off. (I'm sending this from the
laptop.) Hit the power button and nothing, no fans, no drives, no beep.
OK, done this before. Made sure it's getting power (yes, motherboard
LED's on). Unplugged all PCI/PCIe cards, disconnected (and removed,
just to make sure) both hard drives and both optical drives,
disconnected all fans except for the CPU fan. Still nothing. What's left,
the RAM? CPU fan? Could the CPU have spontaneously died?

--
-eben QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP http://royalty.mine.nu:81
AQUARIUS: There's travel in your future when your tongue freezes to the