Re: [SLUG] Refresh my feeble mind

From: Bob Stia (rnr@sanctum.com)
Date: Thu Sep 24 2009 - 22:37:53 EDT

On Thursday 24 September 2009 17:55:30 Eben King wrote:
> Sep 24, 2009 04:17:54 PM, slug@nks.net wrote:
> > I am trying to build a slide show of a bunch of .jpg photos from a recent
> > vacation. Problem is I would like to insert textual explanations between
> > some of the photos so that Gwenview will see them and present them.
> >
> > Darned if I can remember what I used to do this previously.
>
> Guessing: add the text to the image comments with e.g. jpegcomm,
> then show the images with something that shows comments? I bet feh
> does if asked nicely.

Thanks Eben,

Yeah, I can do that, and have for individual photos, but what I really want to
do is insert a page (image of text) before a series of photos explaining what
is coming next. Maybe I'll try the Gimp.

Darn, I know that I did this before a couple of years ago.

Bob S

PS I know that you are operating "temporarily" here, but you do realize you
are using html?