[SLUG] Unwanted Yahoo groups

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 27 2009 - 15:13:43 EDT

Folks,
I have been inundated with non-requested yahoo groups signups, here is
the latest one:

I've added you to my ctrxcynyf group at Yahoo! Groups, a free,
easy-to-use service. Yahoo! Groups makes it easy to send and receive
group messages, coordinate events, share photos and files, and more.

The first one I disregarded thinking it would go away, but then I started
getting these group garbage e-mails, I went to the yahoo abuse page
and filed on it, got the obligatory, "we respect your rights etc ad nauseum"
e-mail, and forgot about it until a few days later when I got another one,
again I went through the same process, and again the same e-mail, then
the cycle repeats again and again, how do you get rid of these things??

Everyone of them is a nonsense group name, not a one of them makes
sense, it appears that it maybe some other language, but I am not sure
what to make of it, but it is very frustrating, I have marked them as spam
but new ones come in about every 2-3 days.

--
Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
To paraphrase my flight instructor;