Re: [SLUG] installation

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 06 2009 - 22:17:53 EDT

I use unetbootin, download it. Once you have it on your machine you have
two options, you can download the iso of interest or you can run unetbootin
and aim it at the site where the iso is. If you download the iso you just aim
unetbootin at it and run it. Make sure the target USB stick is plugged in and
mounted. Unetbootin will create a bootable USB stick for you, I have all
of the following here:
Ubuntu 9.04
Kubuntu 9.04
Xubuntu 0.04
ZM Larch 1.24.2
and some others, I did them all with unetbootin, makes it a lot easier
and they all seem to work as a installer or as a LiveCD on a stick...

The key to unetbootin is to have that iso visible either on the local
machine or on the web...

Here is the web address:
http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

I carry a bunch of them in my pocket and go into places like best
buy and compusa, stick the stick in the usb port and reboot the
machine and see how it behaves with Linux... Also usually get a
crowd, anytime one of the wonks says something to me I tell them
I am test driving the machine because that is the stuff I run on it..

Back when we had Computer City, I had several of the people in
the one in Brandon walking around with sticks playing with those
machines, after they say me doing it there...

Lot easier than walking around the LiveCD's to test machines...

--
Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
To paraphrase my flight instructor;