Re: [SLUG] installation

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Wed Oct 07 2009 - 09:29:03 EDT

On Tuesday 06 October 2009, Chuck Hast wrote:
> I use unetbootin

Ditto, nice and simple tool, yet plenty flexible. Gives you a nice little boot
menu too.

I have found that some computers don't boot from the USB drive even though
they say they will. I got old and new machines and I've not been able to make
heads or tail why some do and others don't.

I bought my kid a netbook (which does not have a CD/DVD drive) but fortunately
it had no problems at all booting and installing from the USB drive.

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.