Re: [SLUG] Linux mp3 player

From: Ron Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Nov 13 2009 - 10:52:25 EST

> Is there a mp3 player that works without windoze? I have only Linux
> machines, don't care to set up a Great Satan box or even Great Satan VM
> just to load mp3s.

   LINUX Command line = sox, mpg123, alsaplayer and mplayer. (the movie player, possibly
other movie players)

   In the X windows system = xmms, audacity, Amarok, Rhythmbox sweep, ee,Banshee some of
which are sound editors, I use Amarok a little and it is a fancy music box,
xmms is a player like winamp, but I use it to edit MP3 tags.
   Many more that I don't know about. I use ogg a lot also.

--
    Ron  KA4INM - I'm proud to be Chuck's pop!