Re: [SLUG] Linux mp3 player

From: draeath (draeath@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 13 2009 - 10:57:47 EST

Ron: I think he means a hardware player?

I've got an older revision Sansa e200r, loaded with rockbox. Works great!

If you want to go that route, make sure you're getting the old v1
firmware. The newer v2 firmware doesn't work with rockbox right now.

That said, it will work on linux with the factory firmware. It can
function as a mass storage device - so you use it like a flash drive.
When it reboots it scans the partition for playable files and indexes
them based on ID3 tags etc, so your filesystem organization doesn't
particularly matter.