RE: [SLUG] Linux/Unix Admin Job Market

From: Ken Elliott (kelliott11@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Tue Nov 17 2009 - 20:31:51 EST

One of my clients has both Windows, Novell Netware and will be rolling out
Linux. They will hire someone that knows one of the three, but anyone who
knows all three stands out from the crowd. I usually try to point out that
someone who only knows what a single vendor preaches (MSCE) may not have a
good a perspective as someone who is experienced in several (MS, Netware,
Unix, Linux, Mac). Even a company with a monoculture of OS stands to
benefit for that insight.

Ken Elliott