Re: [SLUG] Need to clean this up.

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 01 2009 - 17:14:12 EST

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 16:31, Daniel Jarboe <daniel.jarboe@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Here is the present disk layout.
>>>
>>> sda1 = 9G boot for Unbuntu 9.10
>>> sda2 = extended
>>> sda5 = swap
>>> sda6 = 86.6G Holds Ubuntu home/user_directories
>>> sda7 = 83.2G partition with boot for Kubuntu (this one goes away)
>>>

> Assuming that your /boot/grub/menu.lst is what you want it to be in your
> Ubuntu install on sda1:
>
> $ sudo grub
> root (hd0,0)
> setup (hd0)
> exit
That was it!! Tnx Dan, as usual got a good solution in quick time.
Now I have to install windows 7 on it so I can use a USB Oscope. I guess
I am going to use the old Kubuntu partition. The manufacturer is working
on a Linux GUI for the USB scope, but do not have it ready yet (so say
they) I have looked at several of them, and this one appears to meet my
needs, at least the vendor pays lip service to the fact that they want to
get a Linux gui on the market. Bitscope already has a linux gui but the
devices are a bit rich for my blood right now. I am starting my own business
after loosing my job in Aug so cash is not real available. I will get this one
and put win7 on the netbook, that will get rid of having to carry a scope
around with me to the job sites. I already carry the laptop, and the USB
scope dubis is quite small.

--
Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
To paraphrase my flight instructor;