Re: [SLUG] Screen goes dark when watching a movie

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Dec 11 2009 - 23:29:44 EST

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009, Chuck Hast wrote:

> Folks,
> I did a upgrade to Ubuntu 9.10, everything works pretty well except now
> when I watch a movie on the machine, the screen goes dark after a while.
>
> I had never thought about it under 9.04 as this never happened, I am trying
> to find where the act of watching a movie or video will keep the screen should
> signal the power control part to not darken the screen, but so far no luck. I
> was trying to google it but no luck.

Might be in the prefs for or an option to your movie player. I take it
there's no "cold corner" you could put the mouse pointer in?

--
-eben         QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP          royalty.mine.nu:81

"windows seems to have stupidity buil[t] into it." -- sobriquet on a.o.l. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.