Re: [SLUG] Screen goes dark when watching a movie

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 11 2009 - 23:44:05 EST

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 23:29, Eben King <eben01@verizon.net> wrote:

> Might be in the prefs for or an option to your movie player.  I take it
> there's no "cold corner" you could put the mouse pointer in?

I have checked those, in VLC there is a tic box "Inhibit power management
daemon during playback" it is tic'd. I am not sure if the signaling is not get-
ting to the proper place or what, but if I run say a movie, after a
bit the screen
darkens, I have the machine set to turn off the monitor after so many minutes
of idle, and it does regardless of if there is activity on the machine such as
a running video. I know of no "cold corner", but I know that under 9.04 it did
work, so it is something that 9.10 has changed somewhere...

--
Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
To paraphrase my flight instructor;