[SLUG] Ubuntu 9.10 vs xorg

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Sat Dec 12 2009 - 02:31:24 EST

I just installed Ubuntu 9.110 in a VM. Haven't got to use it, mainly
getting it fit to run in a limited environment (not much disk or RAM, no
printing or IMs, etc). Gnome's out in favor of xfce, no OpenOffice, that
sort of thing. 1. Where the heck did they hide xorg.conf? 2. What's a
goot CLI tool (or one whose output can be dumped to a file) for getting the
sizes of installed packages? Right now I'm using something I wrote which
takes all the files in a package and adds up their sizes (or something like
that). Needless to say, it's very slow.

--
-eben   QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP   royalty.mine.nu:81
A: Because it looks dumb and is hard to read.