[SLUG] record from Line Iw

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Sat Dec 26 2009 - 18:56:40 EST

I got a USB turntable for Christmas. Yay. Unfortunately, I could not get a
USB connection to work (one I compiled usb-audio I got no sound here [Ubuntu
6.xx LTS], and very choppy sound on the laptop [Ubuntu 8.04 LTS]). So I
switched to using Line In through my Soundblaster Live! here.

I can get playthrough to work by unmuting and raising the "Line" slider, but
nothing I do allows me to record from Line IN. Right now, I'm using
Audacity. Its input is set to "ALSA SB Live 5.1: ADC Capture/Standard PCM
Playback (hw:0.0)". (Yes, I tried the obvious approaches of setting the
mixer to capture to "Line" and zero or more of "Front" and "Wave".)

I don't mind hearing while I record, but I'd then have to make sure no other
sounds happened while I recorded. Any clues?

--
-eben      QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP      royalty.mine.nu:81
VIRGO:  All Virgos are extremely friendly and intelligent - except