Re: [SLUG] Forced Reboots

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Jan 29 2010 - 17:53:57 EST

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010, Pete Theisen wrote:

> It is getting to the point where Ubuntu 9.04 reboots without my asking it to
> every day. I can be sitting right at the console, there is no sign of a power
> fluctuation - and I have an UPS anyway, there is a reboot without any sign
> that it is coming.

If you can set a script that periodically [1] pulls sensor data [2] and
stores them [5] for on-demand graphing, that may provide a clue. I had a
motheboard [3] whose onboard voltage regulator died so that some important
voltage [4] fluctuated, and occasionally produced the symptoms you see.

[1] say once every 5s

[2] specifically voltages

[3] BP6 IIRC

[4] not +5v or +12v