[SLUG] firewire cameras

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 29 2010 - 19:18:20 EST

Folks,
I am trying to build vloopback so I can get video from a firewire cam
to a video device (/dev/vido0) the way to do this is something called
vloopback. I have downloaded the source and attempt to compile it,
I get this list of messages:

------------------------------------- Start of Text ----------------------------
kp4djt@taquito:~/vloopback/vloopback-1.3> make
make -C /lib/modules/2.6.27.42-0.1-pae/build
SUBDIRS=/home/kp4djt/vloopback/vloopback-1.3 modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.27.42-0.1-obj/i386/pae'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `modules'. Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.27.42-0.1-obj/i386/pae'
make: *** [all] Error 2
kp4djt@taquito:~/vloopback/vloopback-1.3>
------------------------------------ End of Text -------------------------------
I am trying to figure out what the rule is that is missing this is supposed
to be the latest and greatest version of vloopback.

This is the way to get video into a video device so it can be used by
those devices looking for a video device like /dev/video0

I have a Basler 601fc, it has GREAT video, and I sure would like to
be able to get that video out of Coriander and into something where
I can put it to use.

--
Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the