[SLUG] Cisco CCNA DVD... Windows crap

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 01 2010 - 22:11:44 EST

Folks,
I purchased a study guide for the CCNA, it is from Cisco Press, no
where on the side of the box did it say anything about needing good
old windows in order to use the blasted DVD. I have been reading the
study guides, but tonight I figured I would see what was on the DVD,
well on the DVD is the "System Requirements" Windows 2K, XP
or Vista... adcrapium, adfeceaum... Figuring that this critter would
run in Wine, I load it into my SuSE machine... It tries to start it up
under Wine and I get a Application Error message of:
Exception EAccessViolation in module cmf.exe at 00000000.
Access violation at address 00000000. Write of address 00000000.

I also tried it on my Ubuntu machines and got the same response so
it is something that does not like Wine or visaversa.

Is there a work around for this one or am I going to have to load
windows on a machine and put up with it?

Surely they could have made a non-OS specific DVD, guess if you
are not running windows you are stuck with reading the book only.

--
Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the