Re: [SLUG] A good Cisco Lab router?

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 02 2010 - 18:37:10 EST

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 18:04, Ken Elliott <kelliott11@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> Chuck,
>
> I'm fond of the Cisco 851 and 851W.  You can get an 851 new for less than
> $300, and it have the latest version of IOS on it.

Ken,
I took a look at it, prices look like the range from USD 175 to about 300,
Looks like it will do the job. I just want something I can practice on, of
course I can use the 2511 up to the point where I actually want to run
data though, it then I guess I am sort of out on a limb unless I get some-
thing that is more real world. On top of that the 2511 needs a AUI to
UTP converter plugged into the back in order to allow it to talk to my
network. I have some of those things somewhere, but not sure where.

--
Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the