Re: [SLUG] Cisco CCNA DVD... Windows crap

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Feb 02 2010 - 18:42:52 EST

steve szmidt wrote:
>> would be all over me, but you - you have the stature where your words
>> are respected.
>>
>> I must formally object to you calling anyone any form of Nazi.
>> This is a clear violation of the mailing list rules.
>> I would like to suggest you apologize to the group or leave.
>
> Haha, I must say I found this thread funny. I just could not imagine that you
> were serious.
>
> Speaking for myself I've visited concentration camps and knew people who were
> experimented on by Nazi's. Though I'm not Jewish I still have my personal
> feelings on what occurred in WWII.
>
> Nazi is often used so much that it looses its impact, never mind when misused.
> It is however just the name of a particular political party that never
> contributed anything worthwhile.
>
> In this case I would agree that fan Nazis might be an overkill, but formally
> object, apologize or leave?

Hi Steve,

Well, yes, it is sort of a joke when I append whatever with the censored
N-word. The serious side is when we tacitly support the unreasonable
accumulation of power, particularly power over software and even the
control of our own machines. Have we not already seen this movie?

We are all too often told we shouldn't joke about such things or even
mention them, especially mention them in a negative connotation such as
comparing them to villains of history or those who supported the
villains of history. Where would the villains have been without support?

--
Regards,

Pete http://pete-theisen.com/ http://elect-pete-theisen.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.