Re: [SLUG] making graphs

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Feb 23 2010 - 18:09:44 EST

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010, Dylan William Hardison wrote:

> On Monday, February 22, 2010 at 06:00PM -0500, Eben King wrote:
>> What's an application in which I can draw a graph? I don't mean graphs
>> as in "charts and graphs", I mean a set of nodes connected by edges,
>> possibly with weights or direction attached to those edges. Think the
>> railway network, or an airline's flights.
>
> I think you may want http://www.graphviz.org.
>
> Way back when, I used graphviz to visualize the PSTA routes.

Great, thanks. Sounds like what I need. BTW, I have this version:

eben@pc:~$ dot -V
dot - Graphviz version 2.16 (Fri Feb 8 12:54:58 UTC 2008)

How is it used? I can't figure out squat. Running "dot" just hangs, and
the web page apparently only says what it's used for, not how to use it.

--
A Higgs boson is sitting at the bar when the phone rings. He says to
the bartender "If that's a physicist, tell him you've not seen me."