[SLUG] FiOS, new install

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 10 2010 - 19:07:03 EST

Folks,
How does Verizon react to a Linux box when the go to install FiOS?
I have friends of mine who are getting FiOS installed, but the computer
is a Ubuntu ver 9.10. I gave it to them, they were using it at a location
where they had internet access, it was as it should be plug 'n play
but now they are having FiOS run to where they live, I have heard all
sort of horror stories and also no problem stories.

They have already ordered it, but they told VZN that the computer
was a "windows" computer by mistake. They are going to call back
and set things straight. I have heard stories that VZN will not install
if there is not a windows box at the install site, but I have heard that
others had no issues at all, so suspect that it is up to the knowledge
of the installer, and perhaps the person who takes the order. Any
ideas here? The FiOS person is supposed to be on site Friday from
Noon to 2pm. I am thinking of going over there and waiting on him
to arrive to try to help with things just in case they get a walking fence
post.

--
Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the