Re: [SLUG] HP Scanjet G3110 not supported in Linux?

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Tue May 04 2010 - 18:47:05 EDT

PiousMinion wrote:
> On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 1:42 AM, Eben King <eben01@verizon.net
> <mailto:eben01@verizon.net>> wrote:

> The girl said I have 14 days to return it if it doesn't work,
> but the fine print says "exchange only" if you actually open the
> box. Unclear how you would know if it worked or not without
> opening the box. We shall see.
>

> I expect they'll go with the "exchange only" variant unless you're
> nasty (or the person you talk to is nice).

> I vote for the "get nasty" option. Also, I've worked for Office Depot
> in the past and I'll never do business with them. They are never the
> cheapest and their policies really suck.
>
> As far as the price goes, you paid more than HP charges on their own
> overpriced online

Clayton Holloway

Hi Eben, Clayton,

No problem with the refund, they just wrote a credit to my card with no
questions asked. Assuming the EFT works as usual.

If they ever really pushed that, us graybeards and the AARP would make
them wish they hadn't. Or something.

However, I still don't have a scanner. It would have been nice since I
am trying to get some stuff together for our 47th year HS reunion.

--
Regards,

Pete http://pete-theisen.com/ http://elect-pete-theisen.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.