Re: [SLUG] slug list mail

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Thu Jun 10 2010 - 09:44:00 EDT

On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 10:05:30PM -0400, Bob Stia wrote:

> On Saturday 15 May 2010 10:09:31 Paul M Foster wrote:
> > On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 11:18:10PM -0400, Paul Bransford wrote:
> > > Bob,
> > >
> > > Forward the whole message (all headers included) to them. It certainly
> > > couldn't hurt! But they will need all the headers for it to be of any
> > > use.
> >
> > <snip>

> > <snip>
> >
> > Don't bother. As I mentioned, I'm getting bounces, including full
> > headers, which I've forwarded to NKS.
> >
> > Paul
>
> Paul,
>
> Has NKS ever responded to you? I keep getting 3 or 4 of those spam mails
> every
> day. Really getting annoying.

No. I've sent 3 to 4 messages to them, including message copies, and had
no response. I don't know what's going on.

I'm also concerned about a couple of other issues. First, majordomo has
not been upgraded since it was originally installed on their servers (as
far as I can tell). I thought majordomo was a dead project, but I found
out recently that it's in active development and has seen some stunning
changes in the last few years.

Second, I had to update one of the pages on the SLUG website last week,
and had occasion to check on the version of PHP on NKS's servers. It's
4.3. PHP's current version is 5.3.

Again, not a slam on NKS, but I am concerned about the lack of response
and support from them. It may be time to consider another hosting
option. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster