Re: [SLUG-POL] The lunatic state of california

From: Steven Johnson (alinuxguru@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 12:23:49 EDT

Smitty,

Since Russ single-handedly proven that it was a farce, and since this is
not the first time National Review played loosed and fast with the facts
(but this is fiction) I will not bother. However, could you please post
the contact information for others who wish to complain about this little
piece of yellow journalism (since you thrust this farce upon us)?

----Original Message Follows----

Steve,
Perhaps you are assuming that governments meticulously maintain their
websites. Here is the source of my posting:
http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/comment-weizner061201.shtml
Read it for yourself. Contact National Review if you wish.
Smitty

On Thursday 14 June 2001 23:20, you wrote:
> After reading this story, I thought it was an April Fool's Joke. Given
> the Representative's name of "Medlar" - i.e. Meddler.
>
> Going to the official http://www.ca.gov web site, I could find no one in
> the California State Assembly or Senate with the name "Medlar". I
could
> find no reference to the supposed State Childhood Medical Practitioner
> Assistance Act (GSCMPAA).
>
> Until someone else can cooberate this story, I will discount it as an
Urban